Tuesday 22 December 2015

Albums Of 2015: Part 2

I had Great Expectations at the start of 2015 when I launched on this year's series of blog posts. For my Albums Of 2015, I was going to put up a post of each of my top albums of the year together with videos, pics, etc. As I have done in the past, but all over a few days at the end of the year. However, life and gigs got in the way this year so I will not have the time to give each album the attention I believe it deserves. Next year, it will be back to my normal postings of giving my albums of the year throughout the year, as they very rarely change. But this year - I will list the albums in FOUR parts - and THREE special posts. I have already put a few up which can be seen by clicking HERE. However - enough waffle - let's get started. Here's PART 2.

The Staves - If I Was


'With the help of Justin Vernon aka Bon Iver - The three Staveley-Taylor sisters produce an album of maturity & depth that grows beautifully from their debut, Dead & Born & Grown.'



Twitter - @thestaves






Bob Collum & The Welfare Mothers - 
Little Rock


'Americana with Heart & Soul - uptempo with touches of Southern Gothic - full of great tunes and attitude'


Twitter - @bobcollum








The Unthanks - Mount The Air




'So much more than Folk artists - one of the bravest records of 2015 - supreme dynamism and songs that transcend any genre'

Twitter - @TheUnthanks






The Luke Jackson Trio - This Family Tree EP


'Stepping out from the solo spotlight shows a new aspect to this superb young Singer/Songwriter - fantastic songs and a superb new sound'



Twitter - @lukepauljackson








No comments:

Post a Comment