Thursday 4 December 2014

New To Me: Dan Whitehouse


The support act on the latest Simone Felice tour was a performer called Dan Whitehouse.

Now, I like my singer songwriters of the intelligent variety and not your usual June Moon Spoon school of songwriting. When I knew I was going to be seeing him twice, I decided to investigate the man.

To my delight, he is an excellent singer/songwriter and his latest album Raw State has been produced by none other than Danny George Wilson and Chris Clarke of Danny & The Champions Of The World.
Now I know Danny to be a man of taste, so I wondered what had attracted him to be involved in Dan's album in such a big way. So I listened to the album on Spotify before I got a chance to buy it from the man himself in his gig with Simone at The Louisiana in Bristol. It's an album of dynamism, excellent songwriting and quality production.

He played an excellent acoustic set of several of the songs contained on Raw States.


Included on Youtube are 6 videos about the recording of Raw States - I have included two on this page but do seek out the rest.


The album has the golden touch of The Champs who have themselves released two of my favorite albums of the past couple of years in Stay True & Live Champs.


When you speak to the man he is intelligent, obviously loves his music and has a knowledge of his peers and past musical heroes. A man after my own heart.


Although the acoustic Dan is a wonderful thing, Raw States is a much richer experience. With the full band sound and lovely female backing vocals, it's a joy.



So seek out Raw States and BUY IT! And keep an eye out in your local area for any live performances. Dan is definitely a cut above and is worthy of your attention. So seek him out. And give him a firm handshake and a smile. He deserves it.


Twitter - @dan_whitehouse
http://www.dan-whitehouse.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment